Tuesday 9 August 2011

Confetti Cone Tutorial

 I will shut up about confetti iminently, sorry! But I've just found another confetti cone tutorial by Style Me Pretty. Oh okay...and another one (with butterflies!).













And lastly, I've been thinking of ways to hold the cones (again). It seems as if a basket is the cheapest and most common choice, decorated with ribbon and sometimes with a flower girl handing them out. Sounds pretty good, as you'll probably know someone with a basket or two you can borrow (for example, I know my Mum has plenty) so don't necessarily even have to pay for one!


Other options include pre-made confetti cone holders (i.e. a cardboard box with holes in it to slot the cones in and hold them upright). A basket might be more quaint, or cheaper, but after thinking about it I've come to the realisation that once you take a few cones out of a basket...the rest are likely to topple over and spill. You could also decorate the plain cardboard to match your cone design! However, I've only seen them for about £25, and each one only holds 25 cones...so it could get very expensive depending on how many people are attending! Maybe it's worth risking them toppling over. Or if you're really clever and crafty, you could try constructing a layer of card with holes in as per the box,
but to fit in the basket!

I'm also quite keen on the three-tier cupcake stand idea as seen on one of my previous confetti cone posts. Again, a more expensive option, but you might know people who you can borrow one from!

No comments:

Post a Comment