Sunday 28 August 2011

Catering

Since my previous post, I have come to the very sad conclusion that I could never go through with paying over 10k for just the wedding reception venue and some food and drinks. Unless I get very lucky that is! Especially when there are so many other bits of the wedding to add up and break the bank.

I'm not a marquee girl, so I was wondering what other types of venues you can choose your own caterer for. I haven't actually come up with anything yet, aside from the village hall. Probably even worse than a marquee.

But I've found a nice-looking, local catering company's website so here it is: Taste Inc.

I'll get back to you on those venues...

N.B. I found another venue...that is slightly more affordable! Unfortunately it is nowhere near being a country house (sad face) but the photos of the interior look very sweet:







It's basically £4,000 to £7,000 (depending on the day of the week) for the venue, 3 course meal, evening food, some drinks, table centrepieces/decoration and a bridal suite.

But looking at the details now, apparently it's actually in Nottingham. Which is far away and decidedly unhelpful. Hopefully I can find something like this near me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment